Sunday, November 2, 2008

Right now...

I am unwinding after helping Owen finish an "Election 2008" poster, complete with a thorough description of the duties of our President, which candidate we feel is most qualified, and why...all in easy to explain third grade language. Give it a whirl...it's more difficult than you might think!

I am needing to clean my kitchen, as our supper of cocoa puffs and left over BBQ is still sitting out on the counter top. I have yet to eat...

My children are snuggled into their beds, having crashed from their weekend-long Halloween sugar high. The trick-or-treat buckets are securely (ha!) out of reach on top of the fridge. All candy has been dutifully sorted into chocolate, bubble gum, sucker, and chewy-fruity groups (for easier consumption I'm told!).

I am needing to get ready for this week. School, elections, and another trip to Houston await me, and I should be home again, resting in my own bed by Friday night.

I still need to write a letter of reference for my friend Kim. It's written, in my head. Now I need to get it onto paper.

I need to prepare for two separate child care orientation trainings that I'm doing in the next two months. Ought to brush up on those since I took a year off.

I need to send cards...lots of cards...I've missed birthdays, thank you's, and who knows what all. I'm spinnin' a lot of plates here, ladies, with a chemo-tainted brain! Better stand back!

I have enjoyed a wonderful 3 1/2 day weekend with my children and husband. Thursday night I visited with girlfriends around a fire pit...quite relaxing (even if I did come home smelling like a smoked ham!). Friday...friends, food, and candy! Lots of fun! Saturday...garage cleaning and reminiscing with my husband as we dug through all those boxes I blogged about last week. Lots of wonderful memories we've shared. And what fun we've had...and what a pretty bunch of little people we've made! Life is good! Sunday...Sunday School with breakfast casserole and cinnamon coffee cake, then off to meet Jeff's folks and Granny for her 88th birthday celebration lunch. A couple of pairs of jeans for the boys from the outlet mall, and we're back home in time to gather our thoughts for next week.

I'd love to have time to blog about everything I "write" in my mind. Someday...someday! Right now, I'm trying to spend more time with the boys...and Jeff...so I'd better go sit by him in the living room. I'm sure he's missing me terribly! (Ha!)

Thanks for your continued prayers. Thursdays appointments are lengthy...concluding with an MRI at 7 pm. I am praying that everything looks as healthy as it did in May!

Blessings,
Leslie

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO-O-O-O-O-O-O glad you are doing well and life has begun to return to pre-Oct 2007 "normalcy?"

You and your faith(and acting thereon) is truly a blessing and reminder what a truly WONDERFUL GOD we serve!

I think of you and Jeff often.

Tell the boys Charlie is doing well in Oklahoma and certainly hasn't gotten fat. The lake front property we have is not level in the slighest. Everywhere is uphill from somewhere.

Take Care and God Bless,

Janet Sanders