Friday, October 16, 2009

Quotes of the Day


Jeff and Owen are hunting this weekend, and the little boys are rather down about being left behind. Bedtime was a fiasco, with one stall tactic followed by another. Two quotes that simply must be remembered for all eternity were uttered by the mouths of my two youngest. Totally cracked me up!

Levi, stalling as best he could, just keeps talking and talking about nothing in particular. Finally, after I don't take the bait, he states in despair,

"But Momma! It's just that sometimes, every direction looks like North!"
Ummmm...okay?


Then, when that doesn't trigger a bedtime postponing discussion, he says (quite dramatically),


"Momma? Sometimes, when I think about when you had cancer, it just makes me so sad..."


at which Isaac sits up abruptly from his cozy bed and says, "WHAT! You had cancer?!!!!"


(He must've missed it!)


Totally cracked me up!

1 comments:

Shelley said...

WHAT? That is so funny!

I had a little one upset b/c he was left behind this go-around, too.

You are a blessing.