Monday, June 4, 2012

Hello Again, Hello

Well, finally I am able to access my blog.  I am not a computer "techy" person, so when my computer said that my blog was not accessible, I just shut it down and checked on it often until I could get on and blog.

For those of you who haven't read it on Facebook already, my most recent scans have shown that the tumors (3 of the 11) on my brain are increasing in size.  The first response was to change my medication, and so now I am taking new IV chemotherapy, and no longer taking oral medication.  I have these treatments once every 3 weeks, and then I have my Ommaya injection weekly.

I am heading back to Houston this week for my first follow up scan since I've started my new IV meds.  I hope the scans show that the chemotherapy is working.  I'm braced for "not so positive" results, as they have been the norm for awhile, but I am hoping for the best. Now that I can blog, I will try to update this coming weekend about what we found out at MDAnderson.

On a more perky note, the boys are out of school, and I am trying to enjoy it.  In case you didn't know (haha!), little boys have an abundance of energy. We've been swimming, and hiking, and bike riding, and the boys have been involved in basketball camp.  We've been rock climbing and fossil digging and playing at Silver Dollar City. Jeff took Owen and Isaac down into Marvel Cave at SDC.  They loved it!  Levi had NO interest in going underground for any length of time.  So, he and I enjoyed a sidewalk show during the World Fest festival instead.

Our good friends, Kevin and Renee Waters, took Jeff and I (me?), zip lining.  Can you believe I did that?  What's more, the sun went down on us while we were in the middle of our zip lining expedition, so I mustered up my courage, and reluctantly stepped off the platforms into unlit zip line paths through the treetops. Bugs were out in full force, and although a scream or a good laugh would have been appropriate, I tried to keep my lips sealed so as not to ingest any additional protein. We had a lot of fun, and made some great memories. I would do it again if I got the chance.  I was just getting the hang of it when we finished!

Other than that...OH!  Also, Jeff and I celebrated our 20th anniversary.  We enjoyed a lunch date on the patio of Cantina Laredo, overlooking the water at the Branson Landing. It was very enjoyable, and the weather was nearly identical to our wedding day weather.  Sunny, low 70's, light breeze. Perfect!

Ok. Other than that, I really haven't been up to much. Looking forward to finding out scan results this coming week, and to traveling to Houston with my husband.  Not in that order, necessarily!

Thank you for your continued prayers. 

Leslie

0 comments: