Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Checking in...


Good morning! I have a thousand and one things I need to be doing, but I thought I'd check in and let you know how things are going in our neck of the woods.

We have been so busy with livin' lately that very little else has gotten done. We all fought off colds or endured springtime allergies these past two weeks, and I'm glad to report that everyone is breathing much better now.

We finished off basketball season, and are going full steam ahead into baseball season. Owen will play this year. Levi wants to, but we'll see about that. I hesitate to get them involved on a team until they BEG for at least a week. Then I know they're serious. There'll be YEARS of organized sports in my future, and I don't see any reason to rush into it until I have to!

Jeff's work is keeping him busy, which is a good thing given the number of people we know who have recently lost their jobs. We are so thankful for God's provision for our family.

Our van is pushing 200,000 miles, and we have enjoyed getting it back from the repair shop SEVERAL times this past month! She keeps running, so we'll keep driving her! Can't seem to find another one I like any better anyway!

I completed another round of "chemo" yesterday...just the regular Herceptin treatment I get every 3 weeks. The Outpatient Oncology staff at Cox are wonderful, and I have felt very comfortable getting my treatments there. They are CLEAN...which is all I want! AND...even better...I don't have to travel 12 hours to get a treatment. I went in yesterday, and still had dinner on the table for my family last night! Woohoo! It's nice to be back to normal, or a resonable facsimile thereof!

I hope you and your family are enjoying some warmer weather. Here at our home we have a severe case of Spring fever, and are anxiously awaiting Spring Break in a couple of weeks.

Blessings to you and yours! Thank you for your continued prayers for our family. We so appreciate it!

Love,
Leslie

0 comments: