Monday, March 21, 2011

Good morning!

Well, nothing says good morning quite likke a needle in the bend of your arm! Hello! I was in the lab at 6 a.m. this morning. Bloodwork done, and off to have my brain scanned at 7. Good news! I have one (a brain). Then Jeff and I grabbed some breakfast, and we are now back at the room. Going to rest for a bit before my next appointment at noon.
In case you are just catching up, when I was here last week for my regular check up, they found even more, new cancer. This time on the surface of the brain. The most effective treatment is to deliver chemotherapy directly to the brain through what is known as an Ommaya Reservoir. Google that phrase if you'd like to know more.

So that is why Jeff and I are back down here this week...to have that placed, and for the physicians here to make sure it's working right before we head home. My local hospital can administer the infusions for me. Surgery tomorrow, then stay for about a week to make sure things are going well, then homeward bound.

Thanks for your prayers and all the ways you are helping our family. We are truly blessed.

I'll write more when I know something new. Have a fantastic week.

Love,

Leslie

My apologies for the typos. Using my iPad, and cannot go back and correct for some reason.

5 comments:

Rhonda B. said...

Love you, girl! Hope you get a room with a sunny view! See you soon.

Carrie said...

We love you and are praying.
Marcus, Carrie, Aiden and Logan

Anonymous said...

Lots of love, hugs and prayers from AZ

CDJ said...

my sweet sweet friend...and cuz.
my thoughts are geared toward you this week. LOVE you!

Anne said...

just found your blog and want to take a minute to send you good wishes ad my prayers, anne