Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Great Day!

Hey everyone! On our way home. Great appointments today, and the physicians were fantastic. My gamma knife procedure is scheduled for 11/9.

Just to clarify, this gamma knife treatment has been a possibility for quite awhile. They wanted to see how the tumors responded to chemotherapy first. Since two of the many tumors I have are still growing, all of my doctors have decided that this is a good time to use the gamma knife procedure.

Based on some of the texts that we've received today, I think I should also clarify that gamma knife isn't really a knife at all. There...feel better? It is stereotactic radiation. Many tiny beams of radiation (less than a mm in width) that can send a concentrated dose right to the tumor. It is an outpatient procedure, and after a check up the next day, I should be able to come home if there are no complications.

Thank you so much for praying for me, my family, and my physicians. Would you believe that my new neurosurgeon at MD Anderson Cancer Center way down in Houston TX is from Jeff's hometown here in the Show Me state? How cool is that, that God would see fit to have me scheduled with her? I didn't know her before the appointment, but I'm so glad that I'm her patient.

Anyway...that's that! I am very pleased with my day's appointments, very comfortable with the upcoming event, and very thankful to be blessed with friends like you!

Have a great night!

Leslie


0 comments: