Thursday, January 17, 2008

Sisters...sisters...there were never such devoted sisters!




Well, I've been off havin' fun and I forgot to update my blog. During the past weeks, God has provided for us over and over and over again. We just sit here, taking it in...admittedly woefully behind in thank you cards. We are so blessed with loving families, supportive friends, a church family who never fails to check in on us, many many cards and notes of encouragement, and demonstrations of generosity that can only be explained as a "God thing".

I am preparing for another trip to Houston. As with any trip, there are several plates to get spinning before I leave town. Not just my own transportation and lodging, but schooling preparations for Owen, as well as child care for all of the boys. My mom is handling all of my housework at this time...she gets more done in one day than I get done in a week. She's wonderful!

Jeff is busier now that we've had some recent storms. That is a blessing, although he's away from home more, we know that is part of God's provision. Who would have thought that baseball sized hail could be a blessing? God...that's who!

This past weekend, Mom and Daddy treated all the girls in the family to a "Girls Weekend" in Branson. I love hanging out with my sisters and sister-in-law. We always have such a good time together. Here is a picture, although...(sorry Jo) I didn't get any pictures with all of us in it. It didn't cross our mind to get a group picture until Suzan's brood was getting ready to leave. Blame it on the chemo!
We are so blessed to have the benefit of all your prayers. I am feeling well, my mind is at peace, and my family is healthy and well cared for. I feel very, very blessed.
Love to you all,
Leslie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed seeing the picture of the girls and Mom. It is always a blessing to read your story and see how things are going. It is especially good to see what a Mighty God we serve. Sometimes we forget that He is always in control, even if we don't recognize his working in our lives. Just remember that there are lots and lots of folks praying for you and your family.
Laura

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family!

Jamie said...

First of all, I LOVE that musical reference. Secondly, what a beautiful group of gals!