Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A Great Report

Hello from Houston! I just wanted to give you a quick update on what they found yesterday. In a nutshell, they found that I'm getting better! Praise the Lord!

The cancer on my spine and in my lymph nodes is smaller, and the main tumor has not grown, which are all good signs. My neurologist was pleased with the way the cancer in my spine is responding. He said it is doing exactly what he thought it would do, and he would scan me again in 3 months. My oncologist was pleased with the results of the MRI and the ultrasound.

He presented my case to the tumor review board again, and then several of those doctors examined me and then they discussed my progress again. My Dr. then came back into the exam room and said they were very positive and optimistic, and his words were, "You know, I think we might be able to cure you after all." How about that from the same man who spoke the words "technically incurable" just months ago?! Isn't that wonderful?

So thank you, thank you for your prayers and words of encouragement, notes and phone calls, dinners and gifts. You are all such a blessing to us...there are just not enough words to tell you how we feel.

For now, I will continue to receive treatment weekly as long as I don't experience any numbness in my hands or feet. The goal is 12 weeks, but we're shooting for 25. Yesterday, I received treatment #6. After all of that, we're looking at surgery, possibly radiation, and then receiving medication once every 3 weeks for about the next...oh...50 years or so. Sounds good to me!

I'll write more when we get home. I'll sign off for now...tomorrow's a big travel day!

Love to you all!

Leslie

p.s. Thanks to my childhood church in Curryville...I am glad to be your object lesson on intercessory prayer! Who would've ever guessed? Thanks Sue!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such wonderful news. Keep these wonderful reports coming. It is such enjoyment to get them. We love you & are proud of you.

Uncle Garry & Aunt Betty

kim said...

Leslie,

I am so excited for you. Isn't God wonderful! He loves you so much!

Miss you - Kim

Anonymous said...

Leslie, Sooooo glad to hear the good report. Sounds like you made the right choice to travel to TX. It must be very difficult to be away from your family so much. We continue to lift you and yours up in prayer. Your Emmanuel Church family is always anxious to hear how Our Lord is taking care of you. As always it is such a blessing to read your writings. Many are being touched by your "telling your story".
Luv, Laura

Anonymous said...

PRAISE THE LORD!!! Prayers are still coming your way, but this news has just made my day!

Jill in AZ