Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sunday, February 24th







I am getting spoiled to winter in Houston, TX. Can you believe that I
willingly left sunny, 70 degree temps with azaleas and petunias blooming to come home to ice-coated trees? It's the truth...and I'm still shivering about it today! At least with me traveling more frequently, I know I'll get to enjoy it again soon. I just wanted to soak it all in and bring it home. This has been an icy winter here at home, and I'm really ready for some warmer weather.

As an update, I got another good report last Friday (the 22nd) from my doctor in Houston. He said he cannot feel ANY tumor at all anymore. He said he wasn't quite sure what they saw on the ultrasound on the 11th that showed a tumor still remaining, but he just can't seem to find one anymore. Well, hallelujah! He said he'd see me next week, and that everything looked great.

I received another treatment, where my nurse's name was "Mercy"...how fitting! Then I enjoyed an evening of sizzling fajitas and good conversation (or was it good fajitas and sizzling conversation? Hard to say when politics come up in the Walker family!) No, we had a great time, and laughed untill we cried. That, coupled with warm weather, flowers blooming, and awaking each morning to a chorus of chirping birds, and I'd call that some serious therapy!

Thank you for your continued prayers. You are just such a blessing to our family! Isn't God good? I have seen his hand in my life this week, and I am already enjoying His promise of Spring!

Love to you and yours,


Leslie, Jeff, and the boys








3 comments:

kim said...

Leslie,

I am so excited that you continue to get good reports! I never doubted that we would see this kind of progress. It has been even more wonderful to see your faith through this. I have said this before but I can't wait to see how God uses this in your life. You are amazing and I love you! Kim

Anonymous said...

leslie, long time no see this is melissa. you know youve always been an inspiration to me and a kick in the rear when i needed one. just want you to know again how amazing you are and we love you and are praying with you and for you jeff and the boys. you are one of the most amazing people god has ever put in my life,love you lots.melissa,dalton and grace

Anonymous said...

can you tell im learning the computer, so happy youre getting good news god is great love melissa smith [not anonymous]