Wednesday, March 5, 2008

March 5, 2008


Hello from snowy southwest Missouri. This traveling is a real "trip"! Just last Friday, I was receiving chemotherapy in Houston, and spent the weekend enjoying temps in the upper 70's. Fast forward to Tuesday, and I'm home with snow falling and temps hovering around 30! What a wacky week for me!

I just wanted to let you know that everything is still going great with my treatments. My doctor commented Friday that he still doesn't feel any "mass" at all, and seems to think we really have this cancer on the run! Praise the Lord! I am just burning up the road between here and Oklahoma as I travel to fly south each week.

We want to thank those of you who have sent notes of encouragement, gifts, and especially for all of your prayers. I sometimes catch myself being so comfortable in this healing process, that I forget that I'm not "done" praying, and that I need to daily lift my needs before the Lord. I am just feeling so well (except that it's very cold to be bald!) that I forget that I'm sick...technically. And that's a good thing...except I don't want to get so busy celebrating my current progress that I forget to thank the One who got me here! So thank you for filling in the gaps in MY prayer life by mentioning me in your daily prayers. I really appreciate it so much.

To let you know just how good I've been feeling...yesterday I spent nearly an hour outside in the snow helping 4 little boys build igloos. And I only came in because I was getting too hot all bundled up! That's not bad, eh?

I have to get busy now. I need to pack for myself and my boys as they are spending the next couple of days with Grandma Bootsie and Grandpa Coach. Big fun on the farm!

We love you all, and enjoy seeing your names on our guestbook. If you haven't signed in, you are still welcome to. We'd love to hear from you.

Love and blessings,
Leslie

3 comments:

Dingsma said...

Leslie,
Great to hear you wonderful progress! Keep up the good work and we will keep up with the prayers.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.