Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Two's-day!


#1) I have not dropped off the face of the earth! I have just been very busy, and have chosen to go to bed at night instead of blogging. Between school and Texas, we have managed to all come down with a nice case of bronchitis or allergies...depending on the individual. Collectively, we've gone through an entire bottle of Dimetapp and 2 Z-packs of antibiotics. Other than that, we're all okay.


#2) I am LOVING this fall weather. Mostly, I've been on the run...doing things with my family and friends that I could not do this time last year. What a blessing to be healthy again and able to enjoy the sights and sounds of autumn. After my family's trip to Bennett Spring, we enjoyed a couple of trips to the Rutledge-Wilson Farm (part of the city parks in Springfield), a trip with Johnny and Rhonda and the girls to Silver Dollar city, a visit to the pumpkin patch (conveniently located on a parking lot...oh well...we saw the real pumpkin patch at the farm, and we're taking a field trip to another one tomorrow), two trips to Texas (for Jeff...only one for me), several trips to the park up the road to ride bikes, and lots and lots of backyard fun. Isaac has learned to ride without training wheels, Owen is perfecting his archery skills, and Levi is perfecting his comedy routine as well as his knowledge of all things automobile-ish. I purchased an entire drum set for $5 at a garage sale, and have honestly enjoyed watching the boys find their inner percussionist.


Anyway, all that said, I haven't really done a lot of journaling, so I will try to catch up soon.


Thank you for checking in. Leave a note if you can...I'd still love to hear from you.


Blessings,

Leslie

2 comments:

CDJ said...

Listened to Oprah over my shoulder while I worked at my desk this afternoon. The whole broadcast dedicated to breast cancer. I thanked God AGAIN for working in you the way he did. I love you and... nothin'! I just plain ol' love you!

kim said...

Leslie,

Continuing to praise the Lord for your recovery!!! You are a blessing in my life - I think I need to take your advice about going to bed. Girl it's 10:46 pm and I am still blogging away (hehe)

Looking forward to coffee this Thursday!
Kim