Monday, January 19, 2009

What a Difference!




May I just share these photos? This is a photo of me taken January 24 of last year in Houston. That's me with my Aunt Teresa, and my cousin Jenny's children (Alex, Miguel, and Gabrielle). I haven't shown any photos of me shiny bald, but...here you go! My hair was actually starting to come back in on the 2nd round of chemo drugs! The other photo was taken this morning (by my in-house photographer, Owen) in our living room. Eight months without chemotherapy does wonders for your hair! WOWZER! It needed documentation, and I think I'm tough enough to just put it out there! Can you believe that?! What a crazy year 2008 was! And...for all my friends still going through those nasty treatments...look at me now! If I'm not living proof of God's power to heal and transform, I don't know who is! Have a great week!

Leslie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WooHoo just look at you! You my friend are such an amazing testimony to the awesome healing power of God! The Lord has big things in store for you sister! I am so very glad that he saw to it that our boys were in the same class three LONG years ago. Thank you for being my friend! Love Ya, Erica.

kim said...

Leslie - You are beautiful my friend. And what a great photographer Mr. Owen is! What I hope you know though is that while you are beautiful on the outside the inside of you radiates beauty! God truly lives in your heart and it shines all around you. I love our friendship and I love you!!!
Kim

Shelley said...

WOWZERS is a great word. Thank you for your transparency - in these posts. I'm wondering when your book will be published? Love you.