Monday, February 1, 2010

A Sleddin' we will Go!


Jeff and I took the boys to a nearby school to sled yesterday after church.  One should note, it is not nearly as fun to watch the sledding from a mother's vantage point as it was to be the kid sledding.  More than once I found myself uttering under my breath or even aloud to my husband, "Bail!  Bail!  He should bail NOW!" 

Now, granted, this is one of the best hills around.  However, at the bottom of the hill is a stand of trees.  The solid type!  Not my idea of the perfect, child-friendly sledding hill.  "They'll figure it out," assured my husband.  See...if not for my husband, my little ones would probably not be allowed out of the backyard.  I'm joking...sort of.

Every van that I don't recoginze in the neighborhood is most certainly being driven by the pedophile they highlighted in last night's newscast.  Every stray dog is certainly rabid and viscious.  Every stray baseball is sure to hit someone's eye socket!  It's enough to wear a person out!  That's why God gave us husbands, ladies.  The perfect balance to our God-given gut feelings that somehow run wild at times!  But...I digress...

Sledding....back to sledding.  They did figure it out...some after a stern warning from their Dad, some without.  They had a blast, and we did too.  And although I really do know a child who suffered a head injury from sledding, I guess it's alright if mine sled without their bicycle helmets.  For now...

Hope you were able to enjoy the snow with your kiddos, or with your friends...you crazy grown ups!

Have a wonderful week!

Blessings,


Leslie

0 comments: