Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day


I am trying to figure out how to make Sunday Valentine-y when I have two suffering from the stomach flu.  Nothin' says "I love you" like a cup of Gatorade and a handful of Saltine crackers.  I am really hoping that Jeff and Isaac manage to get over this quickly, and that no one else catches it. 

I've turned off the heat Saturday, and thoroughly aired out the house until I was certain I would freeze.  I have done mountains of laundry, although you can't tell it by my hampers.  I have become a short order cook, and a pharmacist, and a consumer of anything chocolate that is laying around.  This cannot be good for a person. 

Through it all, though, I am still thinking, "Thank God I am here to be involved in this at all!"  I wonder if that thought will ever leave my mind.  I'm glad I'm here to rock my baby boy, glad I'm here do go on a Gatorade run, glad I'm here to exclaim, "This house is a WRECK!!!".  (Not so sure anyone else is glad of that hollerin' part right now, but I'm tryin' my best to be organized!)

Hoping to get a full night's sleep, and start with a fresh attitude tomorrow.  Ahhhhhh....that'd be nice!

Blessings to you all,

Leslie

1 comments:

CDJ said...

You have just described my weekend. Spooky.
I love you and now I miss you even more.