Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Results are in...

...and they are inconclusive.  My MRI yesterday came back showing a new lesion on my brain.  HOWEVER, the original lesions continue to decrease in size, and my blood work shows the cancer antigens continue to decline. They are still way in the normal range. 

Dr. Booser said he finds it hard to believe that a new lesion would grow if the others were shrinking, and he is wondering if it is simply an MRI glitch.  SO...tomorrow a panel of neurosurgeons will review my scan, and give their opinions as to whether or not it's new cancer.  If so, we'll be back discussing the stereo tactic (gamma knife) surgery.

Suddenly, I feel very weary!  We are on our way home, and will have to email the good Doctor tomorrow en route to find out the decision of the neurosurgeons. 

I would appreciate your prayers for myself, Drs. Rhines, Chang, and Booser as well as the rest of the panel for wisdom to make the right decision. 

Pray, also, that I gain some weight back.  One of the many side effects of the medication I'm taking is that is causes a "loss of appetite". Translation...I have lost a bunch of weight, and need to pack it on before I freeze!

I love you all.  Thanks for the kind comments...even if they are backhanded like my brother Jim's!  Love you Jim!

Rest well,

Leslie

3 comments:

denise friesen said...

Dear Leslie, thanks for posting the results of the last MRI.

O God, hear my prayer;
give ear to the words of my mouth.. Psalm 54:2

Behold, God you are Leslie's helper; YOU Lord are the upholder of her life. Psalm 54:4

Sustain Leslie in all of the trial... Amen.

Suzan said...

LOVE YOU!!! Safe travels...see you soon. I know a birthday boy who will be ready to hug your neck when he sees you!

Anonymous said...

As Always...I love to read your blog! Praying eveything is gonna work out for you! And that you gain some weight, girl! I could give you some of mine!! Trim a little off the rear and thighs and you will be in good shape!! Maybe Santa needs to bring you some footie PJs for Christmas!!
Take Care! Amanda Meyer