Thursday, August 30, 2012

Good Morning!

Don't faint, but I am actually posting on my blog!  I know...shocker!

We have had a very hot and uneventful summer.  Stayed pretty close to home.  School has started, and everyone seems to enjoy the predictability of a daily routine.

Owen is 13, and is enjoying 7th grade so far.  He is running cross country, participating in Student Council, playing percussion in the band, taking guitar lessons (thank you Grandpa Davis), and enjoying being in the youth group at church. He's a bit TOO busy for this momma, so we may be putting a hold on the guitar lessons in the near future.

Levi is 9 (almost 10 he'll be quick to tell you) and is really liking the 4th grade.  His class is the only one in the building with a real rabbit in the room.  It is even allowed to roam around the room, and this is evidently just the "awesomest" thing ever.  For the second year in a row, he is in the same class as his best friend in the whole wide world, Scott.  Doesn't get much better than that.

Isaac is 8, and is in the 3rd grade.  He likes school, especially PE, recess, and lunch.  Library and art are really fun, too. He would just really like to be done with math.  I mean, he can add and subtract. What more does a boy need to know? We are working on acquiring a better attitude on the academic aspect of 3rd grade, as well as good handwriting.  I know in this computer age we're in, the focus on handwriting has waned. However, it is still important to me, and when every word is a combination of  UpPeR & LoWeR case letters, I get a bit annoyed. 

Jeff is working for Paul Davis Restoration, and enjoys what he does.  He is so good with people, which really comes in handy when you are dealing with folks who have come through a tornado, or water damage to their property, or damage to their home due to a fire.  And his patience with irrational people just blows me away.  There is a reason that this is his occupation and not mine.

I am doing pretty good, and enjoying our "back in school" routine so far.  It is far less tiring to schedule doctor appointments when you don't have to consider childcare.  I return to MDAnderson September 13&14 for a rescan of the brain.  If my tumors haven't grown, I'll continue on the same treatment plan.  If there are any increases in the size of the tumors, we have to modify my current treatment plan.  Hoping that is not the case, because I am tolerating this chemotherapy regimen, and really don't relish the thought of having to start something new.

At any rate, we have enjoyed our summer, and our air conditioning. I think we are all looking forward to crisp autumn days, apple cider, pumpkins, and corn mazes.  With the drought, we may have to settle for the crisp days and the cider alone. Anyway, temps below 90 would be delightful.

I hope you are having a wonderful end of summer.  We appreciate all of your prayers, as well as your notes and gifts of encouragement.

Blessings to you all,

Leslie

1 comments:

kim said...

Hey Girly! I read these posts :) Wow Owen is 13 - that just can not be, and I soooo agree with the handwriting thing. We have a little one in our house that half the time she can't read her own writing. Needless to say she has to do it over if she can't even read it. What is this world coming to, LOL.

So glad to know that you have had a good summer. Always in my prayers and love you so much friend!!! Now that these kiddies are in school lets do lunch!!

Love ya, Kim