Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Up to Speed...

Hi again! I just wanted to give you a quick update so you can pray accordingly. My doctor said last week that I'm "good to go" for surgery, so this Friday (25th April) Jeff and I will meet with my surgeon. Then, in the next few weeks, I also have appointments with my neurosurgeon, the stem cell transplant department, the radiation department, and I will have another MRI.

I've said recently that I feel like I've just come to the crest of the "big" hill on a roller coaster, and I can't see where the track before me goes, but it looks like what's coming up will be lightening fast and probably nauseating! And, just like when I last rode such a roller coaster (it's been awhile!), I don't know whether to squeal or puke...(sorry for being so frank!).

Anyway, also like my last roller coaster ride, I'm betting that at the end I'm going to say, "Wow!! I am never doing THAT again!"

Thank you for all your prayers. Rolla area folks, thanks for all your support during the past benefit events. We just appreciate you all so much. Jeff will be traveling with me this week, and you've made that possible.

Please continue to pray for my doctors, for the medicine (that it will continue to be effective), for my family (those caring for my children, my children, and my husband), and if you aren't too worn out from that, you can pray for me!

I have such stories to share with you when I get a chance. I've had some memorable trips recently (right, Cindy and Sherry?), and I can't wait to tell you about them. Right now, though, there's trouble in the OK Corral...seems like I have too many sheriffs and not enough gun hands! I'd better go bust up the fussin'!

Love you all,
Leslie, Jeff, and the boys

3 comments:

kim said...

Leslie,

We will be praying!! Keep us updated. By the way... I love the new blog colors/layout. So beautiful and uplifting!

Love ya,
Kim
www.ablissfulheart.blogspot.com

Dingsma said...

For those of us that don't know, what surgeries are they planning on doing? We are praying for you.

Dingsma said...

I hope that all is well with you.
We are continuing to pray for you and your family.