Sunday, May 18, 2008

Still Doing Fine

I don't really have anything interesting to post, but I wanted you to know that I am still doing fine. I'm doing without any pain medication for the most part (I've ended up taking Tylenol 3 in the evenings if I get uncomfortable). Yesterday I went all day without any medication at all, but then woke up at 4 this morning hurting, so I took a couple Tylenol 3. Hopefully, that'll be my last. I don't like feeling "foggy".

Jeff is still staying with me...thank heavens! He is just the best, in case you haven't heard that already. He takes care of all the things that make me woozy...which is just about everything! He's doing some "real" work on his computer today while I sit here and type. He's been doing my laundry, fixing my meals, and taking care of all things medical. I'm glad he's still here because I have 3 appointments next week...one with my neurosurgeon, one with the Bone Marrow Transplant Team, and my follow up appointment with my surgeon, who'll hopefully clear me for a return trip home. Definitely don't want to go to those without him.

Anyway, nothing big to write about, just resting and recovering. Hope to be back home this time next week.

Hope you had a great Sunday.

Love you all,
Leslie and Jeff

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leslie-
Glad you are sounding so good! I think about you and say a little pray for you about a 100 times a day!

Love,
Erica

Anonymous said...

Hi Leslie - thanks for keeping us posted on your progress. I anxiously check in every day or so to see the latest. I'm so happy that Jeff can be down there with you - I know he will take good care of you. You all are in our thoughts & prayers daily. God bless you!

Judith Hodge

Anonymous said...

Wow, Leslie, you are amazing, God has blessed you with such a sense of humor and such strength & such an ability to face whatever lies ahead. That is due to your trust & faith in the Lord, and it is like
you said, He knows what is best for
you and for all of us. Praise God that He is taking such good care of
you. May the radiation time go well and as quickly as possible. I
am so proud of you & your Faith.

Love ya, Betty & Garry

Anonymous said...

Leslie-
I can't tell you how good it is to "hear" you. As I read your blog I just imagine being right there with you and Jeff listening to you. Well I may not be right there in person, but I am definitely there in spirit. We are praying for you all everyday! God is doing a mighty work in you and all the lives you are touching.
Much love,
Djuana (and Mike)

anitazim said...

That Everything skit is so powerful! Thanks for posting. Love you and can't wait to have you back home for a minute or two. SEE YOU SOON!!

Eddie & Tabitha Wrinkle said...

Leslie,
Just a note to remind you that you and your family are always in our prayers. You continue on our main church prayer list. We have a friend at MD Anderson named Shirley McDaniel. She had bone marrow transplant on Feb 29th. I call them each week to check on her progress. She is due to come home on June 8th. Thanks for posting your updates with pictures.God bless!

LET THERE BE LIGHT!

Eddie & Tabitha

melissa anne smith said...

leslie, so glad surgery went well, you are one of strongest people i know, your faith, love ,inspiration is remarkable. we all love you,and of course we'll keep praying.loved the clip,made me ball big surprise huh?do you have any idea the awesome impact you are having and have always had on leading people to god through everything you do,even cancer.melissa smith