Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year




Happy New Year everyone! I hope you have had an enjoyable Christmas season, and are now enjoying the slower pace that temporarily follows the holidays. I, my friend, am a bit overwhelmed with the upcoming months.

Just tonight, as I filled in our already scheduled evenings on our January calendar, I said to Jeff, "Would you look at this? We only have Monday and Wednesday nights without anything! This is nuts!" And it is totally brought on by ourselves. We have two young boys that are playing rec league basketball, and my husband is coaching one of their teams. This translates into 4 days of busy-ness that should be enjoyable...after all...we chose to participate. Every fiber of my being wants to be home, though. I'm not kidding! I love basketball, and I love watching our boys play, but seriously...I think I'll have my plate full of this when they are 13 and older, so why are we subjecting our family to this craziness now? I can't tell ya, friend.

Winter beckons me inside my home. I love baking/cooking and drinking coffee/tea in front of the fire. I love having friends over, and being with my family. Playing games, watching movies, reading books...all the things you'd feel guilty about were the weather nice and inviting outside. Everything about winter makes me want to slooooooow down. Yet I don't. This, sister, puzzles me. I guess I'll cherish the small, late night moments of tranquility...such as now. It is 11:30 p.m. The house is quiet (with the exception of the white noise I hear whirring in the boys hallway). My hubby just moved his nap on the couch into the bedroom. I was typing in there, but I traded him spaces, and am now sitting...alone and quiet...in the living room.

The boys are home from school for only a few more days. I need to enjoy some downtime with them. We've been on the run with them from one holiday event to another for 2 weeks. They've asked to go bowling, to go back to Bass Pro, to go to a basketball game, to take in a movie, and to go hunting. We'll see what happens. For now, we are enjoying no scheduled events. We even managed 2 games of "WAR" and 2 games of "chicken track dominoes" tonight. It was lovely. Ahhhhhhh....

I hope your weeks ahead are enjoyable. I think of you all often, and just have the hardest time finding time to put my thoughts into words. Maybe 11:30 at night, alone in the living room, is the time for me to post! Who knows?!
Blessings,




Leslie

1 comments:

kim said...

Happy New Year! Hoping you all have a great start this year, as well as, a fabulous finish! Even though our shedules are a little crazy I say we try to find time in the next month or so to have coffee or hot tea. Maybe I should come over about 11:30 LOL

Love you much!
Kim