Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Me and KTTS

As a mother, it becomes necessary at times to voice my opinion. (I know...big shocker!) Anyway, if you listen to KTTS, you are certainly aware of their commercial spots running promoting laser hair removal and the benefits thereof. I rolled my eyes at first, thinking certainly this would be a short lived campaign. I was wrong. Below is my email that I sent them this morning...thought you might like to read it! Have a great day.

Blessings,

Leslie


Okay people...seriously...is NOTHING sacred? I emailed Andy when Curly tried to convince the world to proudly proclaim her name upon entering the world of laser hair removal. "Absurd", I thought. "Nobody in their right mind would say, 'Curly sent me' when requesting the removal of unwanted body hair."

 NOW..as the mother of 3 young, impressionable boys, I am bombarded with Farmer sharing the numerous benefits of laser hair removal as we try to eat our breakfast before school each morning. REALLY? REALLY? THIS will help me be more organized in the new year? This will "shave" minutes off of my morning routine? REALLY!?



I am begging you...PLEADING with your sense of all that is proper and decent...PLEASE stop these excessively ridiculous commercials. I can assure you, as a mom, as a lady, even as a cancer survivor...there is not a soul in the Ozarks thinking, "You know, that Farmer chick is right on! I COULD save seconds off my morning routine if that pesky, unwanted hair wasn't taunting me each day! I am sooo glad I heard this as I try to consume my morning cup of coffee. AND...so glad that my children, ages 10, 7, and 5 now know what to do if their bikini area is giving them fits later in life!"



SERIOUSLY!!!! Love you...love your show...kept me laughin' during cancer treatment...but this has to come to an end (excuse the pun). FOR THE LOVE!!!!!!!



Consider becoming the spokeswoman for Dove chocolate...now that'd speak to me. Or perhaps McAlister's tea...there ya go! Or even pay at the pump fuel....now THAT can help a mother out. But PLEASE quit talking about body hair...it truly is repulsive. Really...it is!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

THIS is one reason I love you! YOU GO GIRL!!!

Leslie said...

THANK YOU!



Hopefully by continually making fun of her – this place will go away!



- Andy

Leslie said...

That post was from the DJ I emailed!