Wednesday, April 14, 2010

All the News that is the News

Just wanted to let you know what's going on here in sunny Houston, TX.  They have begun "whole brain radiation" on me to treat several lesions recently found on my glorius brain!  Lovely!  So far, the only side effects are that every thing tastes sweet (yuck!  even water ).  I've been tired, but I think the events of the past few days would account for that, don't you?

Anyway, thanks to my good friend Sherry Marshall and her connections, we now have a rented an apartment here in the Medical Center through South Main Baptist Church of Houston .  It is really nice, and it's relaxing to have a place to come "home" to. It was necessary because they want me close to the MDACC Emergency Room.  That'll make you feel good!  Brother!

We have not been able to speak with our boys about the new medical diagnosis.  Jeff and I both think that would be best handled in person...so we are working on the details of getting them here, or him there.  That being said, they know I came down here for my headaches, and that I have doctors appointments daily, and they want to know when we'll be back. We're hoping to fill in the blanks by the end of the week.

Thank you all for your prayers.  Right now, our main prayers  include:

*) For the radiation to be effective.  I'd really like to WOW the doctors with the response of the lesions to the radiation.  Some people respond favorably...some don't.  I've never taken kindly to performing poorly on a test of any kind, and this is no exception!

*) For smoothness of schedule with the new routine at home for the boys.  Grandma Bootsie and Grandpa Coach have got them handled, but I sure don't want anyone tuckering out or losing patience. I think its safe to say that request is for all parties involved!

*) For Jeff...I get a little "opinionated" when I don't feel well.  Nuff said!

*)Pray that we continue to allow God to guard our hearts and minds.  It'd be easy to get overwhelmed with all of this, but we are focusing on focusing on Him, and not the problem.  Today.  We'll work on tomorrow then.

Blessings to you all! 

Love,
Leslie and Jeff

8 comments:

Judith said...

Leslie - you never cease to amaze me. You are such a wonderful child of God who truly loves you as so many of us do. We are thinking of you & Jeff daily and pray God will perform another miracle in your life. Thanks for the updates.

Love to both,
Judith & Gene

Lando said...

Leslie,
I'd have to echo what your friends, Judith & Gene, said. You are a challenge and encouragement to us.
Our daily thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. We are claiming the power of God's healing!
LOVE to you
The Denneys

Anonymous said...

Leslie and family,
Please keep the updates coming as you are able. Those are strong words of ministry and praise for our God. He is using you mightily. My prayers as a fellow spouse and parent are with you.
God Bless,
Jim Dauber

Anonymous said...

Oh Leslie,
I am praying, I am praying, I am praying! You are so incredible...I can hear your words as you write, it's as if you are sitting there talking to me.
You know, we love you guys so very much and you are truly a blessing from God. I know He has His arms wrapped around you and I know He has a purpose and a plan. Meanwhile...I am praying, I am praying, I am praying......
Love ya, Nan

Unknown said...

Leslie,
Thank you for these updates, Leslie. We are just learning of the new diagnosis. We are praying and thinking of you. You are an encouragement to us!

Lots of love,
Suzanne and Ted Lennard

Cindy Henderson said...

Love you! Even though we don't talk every day you are always in my thoughts and prayers. You know I will do whatever you need me to, so don't hesitate to call. Those aren't just passing words either! Tell Jeff we are praying for him and your family too!
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Leslie,
Your niece Carrie has shared with me what an amazing women you are. She gave me your blog page and after reading it...I would have to agree with her. I am praying for you and that God continues to work his miracles and gives you & your family the strength you need to push through to another glorious day. I will be following your blog and praying for you along the way.
In him
Missy

Anonymous said...

Jeff&Leslie. MY prayers are w/you moment by moment. You are ahead of the race by knowing as a truth the unchangeables:every good gift is from our father,its the thief that comes to kill, steal, and destroy,the holy spirit hovers,watches over, and broods over you like you do your boys!I pray above all you will be lead by your father's wisdom from the tiniest decision to the biggest changes.Something we did at the very beginning with Tim that I know was wisdom from God is that we prayed and believed there would be no medidcine or treatments given to him that would do his body harm, but only good. because of God's Word we expected his body to respond favorably. Of course we prayed for the doctors to have wisdom whether they realized what they were getting or not! :) I can"t think of a better place to leave you for today than in your father's lap. He has a way of making everything seem manageable. Make sure you know the path to his house in the rain and in the dark-that's when we tend to be running there. Climb up in his lap and stay awhile! Love you bunches Mynde