Thursday, April 8, 2010

Good Read...

I am currently reading Beth Moore's new book, So Long Insecurity.  This is a passage of what I read last night, and I just loved it.  If you get a chance, check out this book.  She writes what I would write if I could write like she writes!

...Lord, help me to learn how to hang on tight to You when my life is rocked by dramatic change. Empower me to trust You and not to panic or fight for control. Help me to stop confusing a change in my circumstances with a change in my security status. You are my security, O God. You are the one sure thing. When everything around me shakes, You are unshakable. Nothing has the propensity to reveal false gods to me like a sudden change in my circumstances. Help me to see them and surrender them instantaneously. Use change to provoke what needs changing in me, Lord, and to increase my appreciation of the only One who is the same yesterday, today, and forever...

Blessings,

Leslie

6 comments:

Brenda N said...

Thank you so much for this today, Leslie. Something I needed to hear. Tim was just permanently laid off from his job on Tuesday. We are adjusting to our new circumstances and looking forward to where God is leading.

CDJ said...

this has been on my "to read" list for a while. you ARE my trend-setter:)

Unknown said...

Absolutely wonderful!! What an amazing woman of God she is!!

anitazim said...

Thank you for sharing that! I needed to read that! Brenda, I'll be praying for you all. Love you Leslie! SO thankful for you!

Renee Waters said...

God's Providence is totally amazing! Do you think it was just coincidence that you're reading that right now? Absolutely not! "Hang on tight" is right! We'll be right there with you when you need us!

Rebecca said...

I just put my name on the library list for this book. I'm #15 on the list, so it will be a while. But I am a patient person. Thanks for the suggestion.