Friday, April 23, 2010

Just a little more information:

Clarification: When I arrived here at MDACC, they ran some scans to make sure there were no new cancer lesions elsewhere throughout my body. We all agreed brain lesions alone would be enough! The bone scan showed nothing new, and the CT scan of my abdomen/chest also shows nothing new. The scan did not say my brain is clear...that we know its present. After these radiation treatments, they will wait 4 weeks or so, then do another MRI to see how the lesions responded to the treatment, and then do follow up treatment if needed. I am starting on new oral chemotherapy next week...I'll know more when I see my oncologist Tuesday. But...it's still all good news as far as I'm concerned. We just have such a peace going through this, and I don't know what the plans are, but I am confident that God does! Love you all! Leslie

0 comments: