Friday, May 7, 2010

Friday, FRIDAY, FRIDAY!!!

I am so glad it's the weekend, aren't you?  This week I have gone from feeling crummy to feeling very good.  My doctor in Houston had me stop taking one of my medications because it made my tongue raw.  Now I am feeling much better!  I'm sure they'll have me start up again as soon as everything heals, but for now it is so nice to feel good again!

I went to Hulston today to have them look at my mouth...per Dr. Booser's recommendation (Houston).  They confirmed my opinion (nice of them, eh?) that there was no infection, just a raw mouth.  Prescribed some mouth rinse for me.  I'm sure it'll be yummy!  However, it will probably help. 

Then I met my brother, Jim, who is loaning us his camper for the weekend (it's a nice one...much to my liking for roughing it!).  We went to the campground and he set everything up, then showed me how everything works.  We are surprising the boys.  I have everything packed, and as soon as Jeff and the boys get home, we are heading out for the weekend.  They are going to love it!  It's our first camping trip as a family, and promises to be WAY better than the surprise 3rd anniversary camping trip I planned for Jeff and I!  Landed us right in the middle of a May thunderstorm...in a tent, no less!  Yah---that's the last time this lady graced a campsite with her presence!  Not a fan of thunderstorms at HOME!  Little sheet of fabric over my head ain't gonna cut it, my friend!

Just wanted you to know how we are doing.  Feeling fine.  Nearly bald as an onion, but feeling fine.  Glad I've got a good lookin' head!  FYI-Levi and Isaac prefer my bandana look.  Owen thinks my wig looks better on me.  So I'm alternating.  Nice to have fashion consultants when you need them.  Oh...and it's definitely bandanas this weekend.  Maybe a UT ballcap!

Thank you all for your continued prayers.  We appreciate them so much!

Leave me a comment when you can! I love to hear from you!

Blessings,

Leslie

1 comments:

Kathy said...

Hope ya'll had a great camping trip! Sounds fun!