Sunday, May 2, 2010

Just checking in

I arrived home Wednesday night.  What a long trip.  I told mom I thought the longest part was from Joplin to here!  We are slowly but surely settling into our new routine.  I'm supposed to limit my driving, so Jeff is still taking the boys to and from school.  They love their daddy and the extra time they are getting to spend with him.

My new chemotherapy arrived via UPS on Friday.  To say that I am less that excited about taking it may be the understatement of the year.  My routine prior to this required me to receive one IV infusion of Herceptin, which had absolutely no side effects.  Could've been water, for all I noticed.

These new prescriptions require me to take 11 pills a day...11!  That's about 11 more than I've ever taken in my life!  I couldn't even remember to take prenatal vitamins, so now I have a little old lady pill organizer!  Yah!  It's lovely!  Yesterday they made me pretty nauseaus.  Hoping that a phone call to TX tomorrow lands me some nausea meds that won't zonk me out!

Today I feel pretty good, and I'm glad for that.  We went to church, then came home for some much needed R and R.  The boys are busy trying to put together an aquarium we purchased for some tiny turtles that made their way home from Pearland to Missouri.  Speedy and Flash!  They're awful cute!

Hope you are having a good weekend.  Enjoy your family! Thank you for your continued prayers. They are much appreciated.

Blessings,

Leslie, Jeff, and the boys

1 comments:

Jeannie said...

So glad to hear from you. I talked to Mother (Billie) last night and she asked about you and wanted to know enough details that she could intelligently pray for you. Now, she is a prayer warrior and we are all lucky to have someone like her in our lives. She prays without ceasing!!! I love you little cousin and think about you all the time. As always, I am available to you and yours. Jeannie