Sunday, June 8, 2008

Catchin' Up...


Thank you all so much for your prayers...we have an answer! We received a phone call last week telling us that a friend of the family who lives very close to Houston actually spends their summers in a cooler climate, and that their home, complete with yard, was vacant and available if we were interested. We are thrilled! Although it's a longer drive to the medical center, it is a trade off we welcome as the boys now have a shady yard in which to play. Jeff and I have already stayed there one evening last week, and it was so comfortable and quiet that we just ate our dinner and grinned at each other. I lost count of how many times we said to one another, "Can you believe this?!" It was very, very nice.


One neighbor left the key for us, and spoke to us by phone to make sure we got in okay. And while we were securing our rental car, another neighbor left us a steaming dish of spaghetti and all the fixin's on the table, so that when we walked in, dinner was ready and waiting. How about that?! Oh, and did I mention that she left us ice cream in the freezer? It was delicious!


I just have to grin when I think of God's provision. Not only does He meet our needs, he often adds a little bit of something extra...lagniappe, I believe the Cajun's call it! Not only did he meet our housing needs, he provided us with caring neighbors, a warm meal, and DESSERT!!! Now, how about that!?


We just can't begin to tell you how much we appreciate all your prayers. Uncle Dick says that God doesn't answer prayers, he answers pray-ers, and I thank you for being "pray-ers" for our family.


Real quick...mom and I leave tomorrow for the road trip to TX...with 2 of the boys. Please pray for safe travels. My first radiation treatment is Thursday, although I have to be there Wednesday for a trial run more or less. Please remember the physicians and me as we begin this wonderful summer of microwaving my way to complete and total health!

Blessings to you all! I'll update as soon as I can!



Love,


Leslie, Jeff, and the boys

2 comments:

kim said...

Leslie,

God takes care of His children doesn't He?! I am so glad that He is taking care of you, meeting your needs and improving your health!! Most of all though I am thankful for the sister in Christ that I have in you! You are a light to the world and to me!!!!

Love ya!
Kim

Anonymous said...

I don't even know you, yet the Lord uses you to speak to me everytime I read your blog. Your "message" was just what I needed to be reminded of. I'm still praying for your family...

Your sister in Christ,
Jill in AZ