Saturday, October 13, 2007

Hello Again!



People keep saying they'd feel better if they could see me...know that I'm not wastin' away. Well, here are some photos taken Saturday that will hopefully make you all feel better! And you should know, thanks to all of you providing delicious meals for me and my family, I'm feeling really very well.



Thanks also for all of the cards, emails, and phone calls you've sent our way. I cannot possibly respond to all of them, but I want you to know that I really appreciate all of them. Our boys LOVE going to the mailbox now! What fun!


I hope you all had a good weekend. I made it through 3 of the 5 scheduled shots, and I'm feeling fine. No side effects, yet, but the nurse keeps saying, "Just wait! It'll hit you!" I'm really hoping she's wrong! Maybe the other patients have just never had such a good pharmacist, right, Tim? Thanks for putting in a good word for me. They treated me very well. (Although they would like some "dirt" on Tim in the pharmacy. I told them they were out of luck!)


I hope to hear back this week on my PET scan that I had last Tuesday. That will tell if I have cancer cells anywhere else. I want the results...and yet I don't. I am really tired of "bad" news! I am hoping these results are good. Regardless, I'll let you know what we find out.


Thank you all for checking in on my blog. It is so much easier for me to type one giant update than to send one to each of you. I hope you don't mind!


We love you all. Thanks for all the prayers. I know that they are the REAL reason I am feeling so well.


Love,

Leslie, Jeff, and the boys


7 comments:

Nan said...

God is so good!! We are continuing to pray for you to feel good and strong and to have the "peace that passes understanding" as only He can give. We love you guys so much and continue to think of you constantly. Leslie, you look great!

We love ya'll! Nan,Jeff,Matt,& Sam

kim said...

Leslie,

Thanks for the update. You do look great and I am so glad to see your face! We are praying daily for you .... lot's of love, Kim

CDJ said...

Cuz! Thanks for the photo. You are lovely as always. Hey, I made you a big dish of king ranch chicken, but I ran into a little snag with transport options. Sorry, man. I'll keep working on it. Love you.

DesireeMalam said...

Leslie,

Thank you for starting this blog to keep us all updated on your journey. We are all praying for you, Jeff and the boys. Take care of yourself and keep up your faith and strength. We love you! Desiree

amy said...

Leslie,

You and your family are in our prayers. I appreciate all the information you tell us. You look great in the photo, and your little boy is cute. Just know that you are not alone in this fight. You are very strong, and god reflects through you. Love to you and your family.
Love,
Amy (Ipock) Gault

Jerry & Diana said...

Sounds like the trip was good! I had already told Gina that Jeff & the boys should shave their heads! What a show of support! Now you all look like cool gardeners!
Jerry & Diana

Anonymous said...

Leslie and all-
Sounds like your trip was hectic but also a great vacation? I tried to use my cancer card to get grandkids a little sooner but the kids said no deal, oh well. I love you and am praying for you and all your caregivers. Love you-
Jeannie Beannie