Sunday, October 28, 2007

Finally, an Update



Hello everyone. Just thought you'd like to know that I'm in Houston, TX. We flew in on Thursday night, and we are having a wonderful time. Before we left, Jeff and the boys shaved their heads without me knowing it. They didn't want me to be the only one without hair in the family. I've added a picture of all of us before Jeff and I left for the airport.


We are staying with my cousin. Her daughter, Gabrielle, is helping me write this post. She has waited on me hand and foot since we arrived. She fixed us dinner when we got here, she had our room all ready for us, she bought me TX ball caps to keep my head warm, she's made me ginger snaps, she ties my scarves for me, and this morning she warmed my doughnut for me. It's nice being queen!


Gabrielle has two brothers, Alex and Miguel. They have LOTS of energy, so Jeff and I feel right at home.


I have my first doctor's appt. on Monday. We are looking forward to getting another perspective on my diagnosis. I will let you know what we find out.


For those of you leaving voice mail messages on my phone, I am unable to retrieve them right now. Don't know what the problem is. Just keep calling...you'll surely get me one of these days.


Love you all. Hope you're staying warm. We are suffering through sunny days and mid 70's temps. Like I said, It's nice being queen!


Love,

Leslie and Jeff

13 comments:

Dingsma said...

We are keeping you in our prayers. Update us and time and technology allow!

Angie Keltner Weiskopf said...

I think you all look just wonderful! Keep us posted on what you find out on Monday.....in my constant thoughts!

Angie

Shelliott said...

Hi! Our church had a special prayer time for you today. You and your family are so precious to us. I LOVE the new haircuts. I'm one that tried to call...I still want to bring you dinner. We'll work something out!

Love you.

Jamie said...

I'm so glad you're there! Your family is absolutely precious...what a great thing to shave their heads.

Love you guys!
Jamie

Anonymous said...

Hi Leslie,
Your Mom gave me your blog. I have thought about you a lot, but haven't called you. I have had you in my address book for years. I am so sorry to hear the news but I want you to know that you are in my prayers. I am living in Battlefield, so when you get back home I would love to get together and maybe have lunch and catch up. Love, Carla

Nan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nan said...

Like I keep saying: we love you all....We are and will continue praying!!!!

(and by the way)
With scarves on all of you, you could all be "cool gardeners"!!
Pretty good look I'd say! Yes, even on you Jeff! Ha!

Anonymous said...

Hi Leslie
You don't know me but I go to The First Church of God in Vinita, Oklahoma.. Just wanted you to know that we are praying for you. We had your name in our sunday bulletin to let everyone know to start praying for you and your famly The Bible says that God will never give us more than we can handle. So keep your spirits up.
From Kathy Spicer

kim said...

Leslie,

The boys look great with their haircuts! How special to have their support in that way. Definately keep us updated on what is happening in TX. Still praying with you,
Love Kim

anitazim said...

I miss you so much!! I'm praying for you continually and making sure your boys get lots of hugs from you and for you vicariously. Love you so much!! Anita

Jill said...

I am so impressed by the fact that you are in TX to go to a cancer hospital and one of the first things you say is "we are having a wonderful time." You are a blessing!
Who needs those all-inclusive resorts?? Still praying...

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff and Leslie, this is Tonya Treat. I just wanted to take a moment to let you know I am praying for you all. I won't sit here and say I know what you are going through, because I don't, I will say this...we know the Great Physician and He has you all in the palm of His hand, and just when you think you can't go on anymore, that's the time to just lean on Him and let him carry you through it all. I have a song I would like to send you if I could get an email address for you. Mine is songbird@fidnet.com Take care and God bless you all - Tonya

Anonymous said...

HI Leslie & Jeff, A co-worker shared your website with me and with tears in her eyes said I would be blessed just reading. She was right - with each posting I can feel the presence of God in every word you have written. He has seen all our tomorrows and knows that we can handle what is yet to come. Please know you and your family will be in my prayers. You have very handsome boys with gorgeous smiles!
Keep the faith!
Katy Peterman - Jerome, MO.